I have 30+ years’ experience creating positive change for the LGBTQ community in a range of different environments – as a campaigner and advocate and now as a consultant and trainer. My particular strength lies in an ability to engage with people in a warm, respectful, non-threatening way and to take them with me on a journey of change. Examples of professional work include:
- Leading the multi-award-winning Rainbow Tick Accreditation at VincentCare, the first Catholic origanisation to achieve Rainbow Tick.
- Developing an education package for the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissions on the Change and Suppression (Conversion) Practices Prohibition Act 2021.
- Serving three terms on the Victorian Government’s LGBTIQ Taskforce Health and Human Services Working Group that provides strategic advice to the State Government.
- Developing “Creating a Rainbow Positive Organisation” and delivering tailored workshops with The Equality Project.
- Working with Consultancy firm Urbis as a Subject Matter Expert on the evaluation of the Safe Schools Program.
- Writing the “You are who you say you are” needs analysis and recommendations for improving the health and well-being of LGBTIQ people for DPV Health.
- Publishing “The Curse of Grandma Maple”, possibly the first Australian novel for primary age children featuring a rainbow family.
- Writing and publishing multiple features articles, opinion and editorial pieces in both queer and mainstream press.
- Running a legal challenge to kick-start the Marriage Equality campaign and seeing the law change after 15 years of campaigning.
My consultancy is built on a wealth of personal and professional experience developed over three decades. This website provides details of my professional services, including LGBTQ inclusive practice, training design and delivery, writing and public speaking.
If you need more information, or just want to chat, please contact me and I’ll give you a call. I look forward to working with you.