I’ve worked as a teacher, researcher, trainer, writer and advocate in a range of different environments, and currently provide services in a freelance capacity. I’ve designed and delivered best-practice professional development training for health and human service providers, and other organisations. I’ve published extensively – books, feature articles, web content, and an on-line resource. My primary aim in all the work I do is to create a more inclusive, welcoming, and equitable society for LGBTIQ people – one that celebrates and values our unique contribution.
- Consultant, Jac Tomlins Consulting
- Manager, Gender and Sexuality, VincentCare (2017-2022)
- Writer, Trainer, and Educator (1999 – present)
- Member, Victorian Government LGBTI Taskforce, Health and Human Services Working Group (three terms)
- Fellow, Leadership in Civil Society, Australian Progress, 2014
- Post Graduate Certificate of Professional Writing (Deakin University, 1999)
- MA Women’s Studies (La Trobe University, 1995)
- Post Graduate Certificate of Education (Cambridge University, 1985)
- BA (Hons) English (University College of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1984)
I live in Melbourne with my partner of 30 years, Sarah, and our three children, aged 15, 17, and 19. And our dog, Cooper (aged 5).